• Posted by Brandi Thompson on May 12, 2023 at 7:34 am

Do you recommend heartworm prevention for dogs? Would you recommend parafree verses what the vet will want to give?

I was told by a vet to have the dog checked every 6 months. But of course, every vet I speak with wants our dog on prevention and they say it’s not filled with chemicals like people think.

What about other shots? Distemper, parvo, rabies etc? Dewormer?

Samantha Pinhey replied 7 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jodie Meschuk

May 15, 2023 at 11:32 am

Have you checked out the pets courses? I treat my dogs like I do the rest of the family so we skip all of that but use lots of healthy alternatives. If you go into the Zoom Calls section, I just did a whole episode on pet health that should be super helpful

• Samantha Pinhey

November 22, 2023 at 10:16 am

Friends dog is on day 3 of being unable to keep anything down. Any recommendations??

• Jodie Meschuk

November 29, 2023 at 3:34 pm

How is the dog? Any chance it could have picked up parvo (is it a puppy?). I would stop normal food and feed it boiled chicken and rice for a bit, and add in a probiotic (like Life9 opened, or a dog specific one). Also check for any other possible issues -especially if its a puppy -blockages due to eating something random, etc

• Samantha Pinhey

December 3, 2023 at 3:18 pm

From his owner: The vet believes that it was a GI virus he picked up at the dog park. He had to go on some anti nausea and anti diarrhea medications, and an antibiotic due to low white blood cell count. He is much better, but We are focusing on rebuilding his gut now that the course of antibiotic has run its course

• Jodie Meschuk

December 5, 2023 at 7:28 pm

Poor guy! I would definitely add in a good probiotic and even some Ningxia and/or raw milk if available, ontop of home cooked bland food as previously mentioned.

• Samantha Pinhey

December 17, 2023 at 11:08 am

The poor little guy (Gus) is experiencing some pain right now. I mentioned Frankincense and Copaiba may be good recommendations. Any recommendations for pain for animals? 🙁