• Posted by Courtney Sullivan on August 11, 2023 at 8:53 am

Hi Jodi,I followed your advice and came over from IG and joined to speak freely! For the past 26 years we have said no to all vax, and had a religious exemption for all 6 children before 2019 in NYS.

When the laws changed here, we decided to homeschool for many reasons. We are still doing that with all younger children, but now need to navigate a college exemption.

You have so many excellent resources here, but I’m not finding exactly what I need yet. They give folks here a hard time so I want to get it squared on my early attempts. Any help is appreciated.

Anna Davis replied 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jodie Meschuk

August 11, 2023 at 12:26 pm

Welcome! This is such an important question, and as you have seen there are many routes and it takes a lot of listening to your intuition.

If you truly feel that your child must be in a particular school you will have more of an uphill battle in states like Cali and NY.  However college most likely would be “easier” to file exemptions and pester the system so to speak because they are considered adults not minors.  A religious attestation of faith is rock solid.  I do not recommend medical exemptions solely on the reasoning that the onus of proof is on you.  You do not ever have to prove your religious faith.  Christian Science is the most rock solid.

Choose what is best for you and just how you may have to choose what is most important to your family.  Fighting on the grounds of religion will always give you more leverage because it is constitutionally protected.

I have a hard time believing that they have the manpower to check every form, so have parents submitted forms? Wink Wink Yes.  I know a lot of parents who want to fly under the radar just don’t make a scene and do not do anything out loud, they just hand in the “form” and act normal.

Some submit a religious attestation of faith and some submit a “form” that looks like all the others.

Good luck, you’ve got this!

• Courtney Sullivan

August 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm

Thank you, Understood. NY has everything computerized.

So it is time to square up with them and submit the exemption forms. 🙂

• Anna Davis

January 1, 2024 at 8:51 am

Hello, I am in NY and was wondering if this form was ever submitted? If it was what was the outcome? Also where did you get the  religious attestation form?