• Posted by Sandra Kelley on December 22, 2023 at 3:44 pm

I have been to 2 different Nurse practitioner this year and had my labs done looking for a reason for my weight gain (when eating habits have not changed and lifestyle and exercise 5 days a week has not changed). I am in menopause and have had some hot flashes and warm nights. Both places said I need to be on estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. One suggested bio identical and the second wanted to put me on synthetic. I am frustrated that when asked for a more natural solution I can’t get an answer. I already eat a pretty clean diet, cook at home and eat out once a week . I use Pro+ daily. I have never had weight issues, I’ve stayed within a 10lb range since i got married in my 20’s.  I would love to get opinions from others that use hormones and or other ways to support to help the weight go back to my normal. I can share my numbers if that is helpful.

Jodie Meschuk replied 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jodie Meschuk

January 5, 2024 at 9:30 am

That is super frustrating for sure! Sometimes as we age we have to tweak how we workout and what we eat, but there is also a ton going on with hormones.  Have you searched hormones in the courses? There is a ton of helpful information, starting with this video

https://tribe.thewarriorcenter.com/lessons/hormones/

Hormones

• Julie Lee

February 15, 2024 at 9:52 am

Good morning.

I am almost 60 and post-menopause for several years now.  About 2 1/2 years ago I started Organic hormone replacement via pellets.  Both Estrogen and Testosterone and taking progesterone at night.  Over these years I have developed sinus problems and a constant phlegm in my throat. It has been on and off for the past few years.  It causes me to cough so much to get it out of my throat that my upper chest muscles hurt.  It also zaps my energy.   Recently I began to do a process of elimination on what could be causing this.     I even got an allergy shot to see if this might get rid of the problem.  Nope!  My last course of action is to stop my HRT.  I did read, finally, on an HRT forum that estrogen, testosterone and progesterone can cause sinus build and cause on going sinus problems.  I started to take it to get more energy, libido and take away my mild hot flashes.  I was also post 3 months after having COVID.  Was advised that it would help with my COVID cough.  I am strongly moving towards discontinuing the therapy. Can you give me some advice?  Thank you.

• Jodie Meschuk

March 29, 2024 at 9:49 am

Hi there! How has it been progressing? I am sorry this message got buried in this thread and I am just now seeing it.

Hormone replacement can definitely cause some odd side effects. Have you tried eliminating dairy products? Dairy is inflammatory and causes mucus build up.  It may not completely solve the problem but it should give you some relief.  Also overall I would work on gut health -youd be surprised how much it affects. A quality probiotic like Life9 is a must.

I would look into natural options for the HRT -things like Pro+ and Powergize, and including Longevity capsules and Ningxia into your supplement routine