• Choosing not to vaccinate – Help in CA!

Posted by Samantha Jimenez on May 7, 2024 at 12:46 pm

Hi All, my daughter is starting Kindergarten in the fall and were choosing not to vaccinate. We live in CA. We are starting her at the same private Christian school my son goes to. And I’ve been advised we’ll need to submit a medical exemption form for her. I guess a law was recently changed and it is no longer the religious exemption form but a medical exemption form I will have to provide. I did vaccinate my son, way back then, but not choosing the same for my daughter. So now we are up against this for her registration. Any advice? I would greatly appreciate!

Kyrsten Osborne replied 2 weeks, 1 day ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jodie Meschuk

May 8, 2024 at 9:58 am

That is a great question! I know lots of parents that send their kids to school and find ways to bypass this. That could be that they find a doctor willing to write an exception, some have it written into an iep, that is an ironclad legal document, some just find a way around it *wink* *wink*, often times they do a hybrid homeschool or I know of some small private schools willing to turn a blind eye. Ultimately you will need to make the best decision for your self, but there are lots of parents working their way around the system. Some of the options take hard work and diligence, and may not be spoken of between families, but at the end of the day you have to stick to your guns and do what is right for your child.

• Samantha Jimenez

May 13, 2024 at 10:33 pm

Thank you so much for the info 💗 some<div>Of this is so new and feels overwhelming but I’m going to stick to my guns! </div>

• Felicia Kruger

May 10, 2024 at 12:03 am

We also no longer vaccinate and are in CA. Both my kids have MEs but will become null and void once they hit 7th grade which is the last checkpoint for us. We homeschool through a public charter as we haven’t been able to find any doctor willing to write a new ME especially since now all exemptions have to go through the CAIR. Virtually no one will get exempt through that system. It’s ironic how my kids can’t take on site classes but are allowed to be in those same classrooms when it comes time for state testing.

• Samantha Jimenez

May 13, 2024 at 10:33 pm

Thank you so much for the info 💗

• Jade

June 20, 2024 at 4:08 pm

We are in CA also and ended up doing a private Christian homeschool hybrid option that we love so far. My son is going into second grade and my daughter will be starting kindergarten. Financially it would be nice to be able to do public school but I don’t know how some parents work around the vaccine requirement. Plus I do love the value system of our school currently which won’t be the case in public schools in CA. I wish you luck! It can be overwhelming I know but it will work out and I personally have enjoyed finding new ways to educate my kids.

• Kyrsten Osborne

July 11, 2024 at 1:40 pm

Also in ca! If on ig- look up freedom angels- Tara and Denise I believe will have the info you will need! Just dm them 🙂