Tagged: 

• Child symptoms – Next steps

Posted by Tina T on February 12, 2024 at 11:04 am

I’m really confused right now and not sure what my next step should be. My 6 year old is having some symptoms that are making me think there may be a bigger issue at play. I’m definitely sensing that she has some anxiety which is no surprise since I am a pretty anxious person. I’m going to list out some of the symptoms and was hoping that I could get some input on what type of doctor we should see because I have no idea…

– anxiety around peeing (Pollakiuria).  It seems she’s developed anxiety around being far from a bathroom if she needs to go pee. So right now that is showing up as her going to the bathroom very often if she feels any little sensation to urinate.

– Not sure if it would be classified as vocal stimming, but she sometimes repeats things under her breath that she said, or someone said.

– when holding something like a string or a cord, she holds it in an odd way with her fingers, and brings it close to her face. Again, not sure if that’s some type of stimming

– Issues with clothing. Doesn’t like the feeling of seams or tags and it’s becoming more challenging to find comfortable clothing for her that she wants to wear.

I’m just feeling overwhelmed, and have no idea what my next step should be. Appreciate any insight…

Jodie Meschuk replied 6 days ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Jodie Meschuk

February 18, 2024 at 2:54 pm

Hi there! I think, while often times there can be illness involved, we tend to worry and pathologize otherwise normal child behavior.  There could be a lot at play here -I would first work on her emotional wellbeing -check out the oils and emotions courses in the course section.  Next I would work on her gut healing, sometimes our gut being out of balance can cause a whole host of things, from anxiety to eczema. Next, have a talk with her. At 6 she should be able to tell you what, if anything, is causing her worry.  Did someone at school have an accident and get made fun of? If she afraid of being embarrassed, and if so, where did that come from? Especially if our kids are in a school setting, bullying and embarrassment start very early.  The clothing situation could be a sensory thing, but it could also just be being 6 and accustomed to comfy, soft clothing.  A detox is never a bad thing, so check out those courses as well. For her gut -you can do Ningxia, a quality probiotic like Mightypro, and depending on what her diet is like -work on eliminating excess sugar, regular processed dairy, food dyes and the like.

• Tina T

February 18, 2024 at 4:12 pm

Thanks Jodie! This really helps…. I’m definitely going to check out those courses and thankfully, she loves Ningxia (who doesn’t?!) and Mightypro so I will get more consistent with giving those and working on gut health. Really appreciate you!

• Roxanne Henry

March 20, 2024 at 8:43 am

We woke up to my 10 year old daughter experiencing what appeared to be a seizure. She actually stopped breathing and we started CPR. She came back to after minutes and had her vitals taken by the paramedics. Vitals were normal.  We were suggested to go to the ER for testing, which we did.
    A urine, blood, x-ray, CT scan and EEG were performed.   The EEG showed abnormal activity in the right temporal that indicated increased risk of seizure known as Focal Seizure. They administered Keppra and recommended we start dosing twice a day to reduce the risk. We visit the neurologist today for more info.    She’s never had a seizure nor did she present any signs that something was off that day.

Any advice, info whether it be conventional or holistic would be appreciated.  Administering Keppra daily isn’t something we take lightly, nor do I know that it’s necessary without more info.

Thank you for any light you might be able to shed on this topic. I haven’t found much holistic info.

• Jodie Meschuk

March 29, 2024 at 9:39 am

Oh my, I am sorry to hear about this! Can you tell me a little about recent treatments or exposures? Vaccines in the last few years? New environment? Mold present? New medications? Any trauma? (Physical, emotional, etc).  Not knowing more information, I would start with a detox and gut reset, maybe even a parasite cleanse.  If you go into the courses section and type in seizure or detox you’ll find a wealth of information of what to try to help your kiddo.  Remember there is always hope and the human body and brain is amazingly resilient, you can help her heal!

• Roxanne Henry

April 1, 2024 at 7:26 am

<span style=”caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>Thanks Jodie!  I’ll look into those courses. I do agree that a detox/gut reset and possible parasite cleanse would be beneficial.  Do you know if it’s safe to do while she’s taking Keppra?</span><span style=”caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>
        </span><span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>She had a dental treatment mid February this year. She had two baby teeth removed and sealants put on some molars. She was given a liquid sedative and nitrous oxide during this visit.  Leading up to the appointment, she had some strong feelings against going as we had given up our dental appointments for the last several years. We decided to give in after about a month of a mostly keto like diet, cell salt protocol, all the things and we weren’t getting anywhere. She grew aggravated with only chewing on one side and decided she needed help.
        </span><span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>We thought the dentist appointment was a success and she felt she conquered her fear of the dentist.
        </span>

<span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>Her last vaccine was in 2020. It was the MMRV.
        </span>

<span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>I don’t know if mold is present but we do live in a 250 year old home in south Louisiana. It’s highly likely.
        </span>
        <span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>Aside from some anxiety around the dentist appointment, the weeks leading up to her seizure, she started to stress about an upcoming trip I was going on..  She and I are together all day everyday since we homeschool and she’s my only child. She lives a chill life on our homestead and spends much of her time outside in nature with her chickens.
        </span><span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>I know that she was missing me a lot the 3 days I was gone and didn’t sleep well the night before her seizure.

</span><span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>She’s showing signs of puberty and has been inconsistently applying progessence plus.
        </span>

<span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>Thankfully, she’s been a fairly healthy girl and this just seems so bizarre.
        </span>

<span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; background-color: #2c2c2e;”>Thank you again Jodie!  I appreciate you!</span>

<span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px;”>Aside from some anxiety around the dentist appointment, the weeks leading up to her seizure, she started to stress about an upcoming trip I was going on..  She and I are together all day everyday since we homeschool and she’s my only child. She lives a chill life on our homestead and spends much of her time outside in nature with her chickens. </span><br style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px;” /><span style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #ffffff; color: #ffffff; font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px;”>I know that she was missing me a lot the 3 days I was gone and didn’t sleep well the night before her seizure. </span>

• Roxanne Henry

April 1, 2024 at 7:48 am

I forgot to mention that the CT scan did show that she has chronic sinusitis of the right maxillary.

I had to cut and paste my previous response. I apologize for the format.

• Jodie Meschuk

April 28, 2024 at 10:16 pm

Hi there! I cannot remember if this was something you posted in your original question but were there any recent exposures or vaccines? I dont think so but just asking. I looked at your initial reply and it was not coming thru on my end LOL Either way I would def change diet to high good fats and protein. Also multigreens in high dose and mineral essence