Purchase my books here!

Tagged: 

• 3.5yo peeing 4x an hour and occasional bed wetting

Posted by Megan Bachman on April 26, 2023 at 9:20 pm

My 3.5yo has just sort of suddenly (within the past week) peeing very frequently – about 4x an hour during waking hours. Not much comes out and he says he constantly has to pee. He also had had an accident in bed 2x this week. Today he had leaky gas and had to change his undies twice. All absolutely abnormal for him. I’m ruling out a UTI, but I’m really thinking it’s poop related. His belly keeps getting more bloated looking and today he mentioned at lunch that he felt so full, but was still hungry. That sounded like a poop issue to me. He drinks plenty of water and we do eat pretty well – we’ll definitely fine tune and set a date for GAPS though.  He hasn’t had the best pooping experience generally even since he was a baby (frequent diarrhea and abnormal frequency), so I really think we ultimately should do GAPS, but is there anything else I could/should do immediately to help with the peeing frequently and seemingly backed up poop? I’ve eliminated all citric acid which was recommended by our functional med (in Unwind and YL drops which we use frequently with him). We couldn’t get in to see her until a few weeks from now for a more full assessment. We’re using digize, I did raindrop on him last night, went to the chiropractor today and he knew right away he was having peeing and digestive issues before I even said anything, and probably just going to feed him broth or broth based soup tomorrow. He always poops pretty great after we have broth!

Jodie Meschuk replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jodie Meschuk

April 26, 2023 at 10:28 pm

It does sound like very bad constipation-try rubbing rosemary, lemon and peppermint in a clockwise motion around the abdomen and colon. Do you feel lumps in his intestines as you massage?

• Jodie Meschuk

April 27, 2023 at 7:48 am

Not all citric acid is the same, it’s how it is made and sourced so the YL one is fine.

what does his diet look like? Outside of if you do GAPS?
    Also overall lifestyle like food in general and what does his supplement routine look like now?

emotions? Did anything change recently?

• Megan Bachman

April 27, 2023 at 4:12 pm

I did the oil massage on his belly earlier today and felt a bit of hardness in what felt like a line on his right side from his pelvis to right below his ribs. About an hour after that he did have a BM, but don’t feel like it was a full clearing. It looked like #5 on the Bristol stool chart. He said he felt better after that, but he’s definitely not well. He’s still peeing very frequently and asked to change into his jammies midday and has been very irritable. Before I applied the oils, he presented with hives on both sides of his abdomen, spine, very small amount on his chest and legs. His side body is the worst. I wondering if he’s trying to purge something as a result of the raindrop I did on him the other day and his other detox pathways are not working well and this is how it’s coming out??

Diet is pretty good (not GAPS good though), and definitely has areas of improvement. We eat well sourced organic meats, eggs, minimal dairy which includes some raw cows milk, yogurt, kefir and minimal cheese. He does eat gluten and grains but not to excess (although he would love to do that). We eat vegetables and fruits, make our own stocks and broths for soups, eat out infrequently and minimize processed foods cooking primarily all meals at home. He consistently take a probiotic and ningxia almost daily. We were doing unwind, but will pause that for now.

Emotions, about a month ago we had him stop finger sucking which was his main coping strategy. We tried this once before about a year ago and he did well for several months, but then started biting his nails excessively and then ultimately brought finger sucking back (and worse than before) after we had our new baby in July. That was my first thought when this all started, he’s withholding or something causing him to be backed up and then causing the peeing issues. We typically support his emotions with oils, lots of hugs, snuggles and try to minimize stress but not always successful there.

• Megan Bachman

May 9, 2023 at 11:13 am

Happy to report issues have ceased! I think the key was 2 chiropractor visits to ensure alignment and lots of love, snuggles, naps and stress management for myself. We tested for UTI and had very trace amounts indicating potential infection and treated a few days with d-mannose and cranberry. I think what really did it thought as the chiropractor work.

• Jodie Meschuk

May 9, 2023 at 7:18 pm

Chiropractic can absolutely be a big big help