• 2.5 yo restless sleep & anxiety with sleeping

Posted by Laura Tegtmeier on August 16, 2023 at 3:04 am

Friends, I need help with my 2.5yo son. He’s our 3rd of 4 boys and just struuuuggles with sleep. He seems so fearful and anxious to fall asleep and stay asleep. But he has had weeks where he falls asleep right away and sleeps better. But then he has periods like this. Currently he takes 1.5-2 hours to fall asleep and then wakes every 1.5-2 hours. I’m trying to get to the root cause. We haven’t changed anything in his food, activity, or routine that I can tell. He’s not poked and doesn’t have any food allergies or meds or anything. I’m stumped. Thanks in advance!

Jodie Meschuk replied 8 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jodie Meschuk

August 21, 2023 at 4:09 pm

How is his tummy overall? Is he having healthy, soft bowel movements? This age is ripe for constipation which wrecks havoc on sleep.  You can try a supplement like UnWind (tastes like watermelon !) before bed, and diffuse either Seedlings Calm or Sleepyize in his room at night.  It is also the age for monsters in the closet, so if he’s mentioned any scary things -maybe a monster spray with some calming essential oils like Lavender that he can squirt around his room.