• Picky Eaters

Posted by Lauren Hardwick on June 11, 2024 at 6:22 pm

Anyone have a kid get pickier and pickier, even with foods they used to like? My 5 year old has been turning his nose up at foods more frequently in the past year, and it’s really bothering me. Usually it’s a texture thing, and I know kids can go through a phase, but I just dread cooking anymore because I am stressed about whether or not he will eat it well. I can’t make casseroles anymore because he doesn’t like everything mixed up now, and it’s a hassle to get him to try anything new, and when he does try it, I think he’s decided he’s just not going to like it. The kid used to like sauerkraut from Costco and now he won’t eat it because it’s too sour. He loved tomatoes until about a year and a half ago. Is there any nutrient deficiency that is connected to something like this?

Jodie Meschuk replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jodie Meschuk

June 14, 2024 at 6:09 pm

Unfortunately it can be more than a phase -more like a slippery slope. The more junk our bodies get, the more junk our bodies want. How is his diet overall? You can add in Ningxia, MightyPro and MineralEssence (mix a little into the Ningxia or rub on belly/bottoms of feet). Anything else going on? Emotional or health/behavior wise?

• Lauren Hardwick

June 15, 2024 at 6:49 pm

I am very careful with what I allow in the house. And I cook nearly every meal we eat. If I’d let him, he would eat every piece of fruit in the house throughout the day in snacks. Thankfully, he’s a great breakfast eater: eggs, Greek yogurt with blueberries, bananas is a typical breakfast for him. The weird thing is that the severity of the pickiness seems to come and go in waves. For example, last night I made a French toast casserole with sourdough bread chunks, eggs, milk, blueberries, and bits of cream cheese. Served it with sausage. He ate very well and didn’t complain about it.

Behavior seems fine. I’ve posted before about tonsils/adenoids suspected to be a bit enlarged and that he has a stutter that comes and goes.

We’ve fallen out of the regular habit of Ningxia…will get back into it! It’s been difficult to get mineral essence into him. Any tips for something super palatable? I’ve tried mixing it in Ningxia but he doesn’t like it.

• Jodie Meschuk

June 21, 2024 at 4:55 pm

Any chance the episodes come after illness?

• Lauren Hardwick

June 21, 2024 at 7:23 pm

He hasn’t been sick except for recently a 24 hour fever and general yuckiness. Bounced back quick after a raindrop and sleep.

• Jodie Meschuk

July 5, 2024 at 8:16 pm

Hmm I bet a constitutional remedy would be helpful -a classical homeopath can help guide you in remedy selection!